Care of shoes
Care of shoes
What you can do: PROTECT, CLEAN, NOURISH AND REVIVE.
There are many ways to make sure your new shoes remain lovely and comfortable for a long time:
- Our first advice is to always keep your shoes in the dustproof cloth bag provided in the product packaging;
- After using the shoes,leave them to air for a few hours before putting them in the bag and do not leave them in damp places or where they can suffer strong jumps in temperature;
- Do not wash shoes in the washing machine so as not damage materials;
- Do not dry wet shoes next to heat as high temperature could dry materials excessiverily;
- Patent shoes or with patent parts are not cleaned using brushes normally used for suède or leather. This special material must be first be dusted with a dry cloth and then cleaned with a sponge dipped in "moisturising-milk" to revive its brillance;
- Suede shoes are cleaned using a special brush (in para or brass) as suède tends to gather dust;
- Leather shoes are cared for using three brushes: first a bristle one to remove dirt, then a second one to apply polish with circular movements, first to sides and then to the rest of the shoe, and a third softer brush to polish them;
- Satin shoes are cleaned with water and neutral soap. We advise starting from the less visible areas and then moving to the uppers;
- The sole, especially if in buffalo, needs frequent ordinary maintence using a sole-cleaning brush with metal bristles oriented on the opposite direction to the buffalo hairs. Light rubbing revives material consistency, to remove the flattened sole causes by dust troddend on and a cause of slipping;
- The shoehorn is advised when putting any type of shoe on, to protect the heel part, often forced and lowered;
- Show-trees are indispensable to keep shoes in perfect shape over the years. They must be interested in shoes to keep them in the correct shape;
- The top-piece is the accessory applied to the bottom of the heel and must be checked periodically as it wears during use. It must be changed before the heel's fixing screws become visible (inner spin) as, once the plastic is worn, the heel structure itself starts to wear and this can compomise shoes stability;
- For all the women, both dancers and not, heel tips are a must: we are talking about soft, transparent, plastic protection for the top-piece and it is foreseen by sports dance competition regulations. Heel tips also protect the top piece at a garden party or openair wedding To apply the heel tip, just heat the plastic in your hands and then insert it with an oscillatory movement. This could be appear difficult at first but its small size is designed to make it easy to fit it perectly.
What can we do: AFTER-SALES ASSISTANCE
Having checked it is possible, the company offers several shoes maintenance services, using only original Paoul spare parts, as listed below:
- Resoling worn soles: if still in a good state, the shoe can be resoled to extend its use span;
- Replacing the foot-bed or inner cleaning sole: for hygiene reasons, it is a good habit to replace the inner cleaning sole periodically as it absorbs foot sweat;
- Replacing top-pieces: this is a relatevily simple operation and is often caarried out directly by the shoe's owner helped by a pliers to remove the worn piece and a hammer to fit the new one. This can also be doneby our craftsmen;
- Replacing buckles: this service is offered when the original buckle has been damaged;
- Replacing straps: this is required when straps are worn, the buckle holes have widened and the shoe is no longer held properly;
- Satin dye: this operation is required when the satin is wrinkled and the owner decides to dye it a darker shade to still make the shoe usable and presentable. Often requested by brides, after the big day, to allow them to keep on using the shoe in another shade other than a light one.
For information or to book maintance sevices offered by Paoul please write to email@example.com or phone +39 049 8790025.